SERI uses new or existing forums created by national or international partners to raise the profile of the Swiss VPET system and encourage dialogue with various stakeholders.
By taking part in such events, a broad and relevant audience can be reached. At the same time, different target groups can be addressed through diversified activities.
Examples of IC-VPET events in Switzerland that draw an international gathering
- WEF: Each year on the sidelines of the WEF the House of Switzerland hosts an annual event devoted to vocational education and training.
- Participation in the WEF's Global Learning Network (GLN): As a 'knowledge partner country', Switzerland contributes to the Closing the Skills Gap Accelerator project. In addition to gaining visibility on an international stage, this event also provides an opportunity for dialogue with 'accelerator countries', which are those seeking to reform their VET systems.
- SwissSkills: this is a joint event organised by the federal government (SERI) in conjunction with Bern cantonal and municipal authorities. For SwissSkills 2022, plans are underway for a presentation of the Swiss vocational education and training system to the diplomatic corps as well as guided tours of the site.
Examples of IC-VPET events abroad
- WorldSkills: Every two years, over 1,000 young professionals from over 60 different countries take part in the WorldSkills competition. Young professionals from Switzerland always excel in the competition, which provides a great deal of publicity for Switzerland's dual-track vocational education and training system.
- House of Switzerland (HoS) in Stuttgart 2021: On the 8th of October, various VET-related events will be organised at the HoS in Stuttgart, which is a temporary communication platform organised by Presence Switzerland.
- Swiss Pavilions at international expos: from 12-18 December 2021, a focus week devoted to 'Learning Tomorrow' will be organised at the Swiss Pavilion during the Expo Dubai. VET is among the various topics covered.