2nd National Stakeholders Conference on International Cooperation in Vocational and Professional Education and Training: IC-VPET Opportunities – Priorities, Paths and Perspectives: Impressions and Contributions
Cartoon Movie explaining International Cooperation in Vocational and Professional Education and Training
Switzerland actively pursues international cooperation in vocational and professional education and training (IC-VPET) with partner countries in several policy areas. Greater attention is being given to such cooperation at intergovernmental level and within international organisations. This demand and the need to coordinate efforts over several policy areas prompted the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) to create the IC-VPET website.
Objectives of federal IC-VPET activities
Federal IC-VPET activities are intended to achieve three overarching, mutually supportive and reinforcing objectives:
- Strengthening the Swiss VPET system within an international context
- Supporting socioeconomic development in partner countries
- Successfully positioning Switzerland at the international level
The IC-VPET activities of the various federal agencies have a strategic basis in several policy areas (education, development cooperation, foreign affairs, economics and migration).
The IC-VPET website is a shared information platform maintained by the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI), the State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO), the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), the Directorate of Political Affairs (DPA) of the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA), the State Secretariat for Migration (SEM) and the Swiss Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (SFIVET).
The website is a source of information about joint events and IC-VPET activities of various federal agencies. In addition it serves as a single contact point for questions of internal and external stakeholders may relating to several federal agencies. As a central platform, it is used to sort, coordinate and handle the following:
- Requests for information concerning the Swiss VPET system or IC-VPET activities
- Enquiries from countries wishing to send delegations to learn more about the Swiss VPET system
- Enquiries regarding the contact details of federal agencies or persons involved in IC-VPET activities
- Invitations to take part in congresses and conferences
- Support and project-related enquiries
If you have questions concerning Swiss IC-VPET activities but are unsure which federal agency to contact or if you wish to send a delegation to learn more about the Swiss VPET system, please contact us here: