07) Social and Childcare Sector

Do you hold a professional qualification in the field of social work and childcare (e.g. social worker or assistant, childcare worker, sociocultural animator, etc.)?

In this case, SERI is the competent authority to handle your request. More detailed information can be found under «Procedure at SERI».

Do you hold a higher education degree the field of pedagogy, sociology, educational sciences, etc.?

Generally speaking, it is possible to carry out professional activities in those fields without having to obtain recognition of your foreign qualifications (unregulated professional activity). You may therefore present your foreign qualification when applying for employment. For higher education degrees, it is possible to request a recommendation of recognition from Swiss ENIC. If you are interested, please contact the competent authority directly: www.enic.ch

Further information: Regulations in the field of social work, including childcare