Licences for Hotel, Restaurant and Catering Businesses

Would you like to open up an establishment in the hotel, restaurant and catering sector in Switzerland, or are you looking for information about authorisations and cantonal permits (Wirtepatent (DE), patente de restaurateur (FR))? Authorisations to run establishments in this sector vary from canton to canton.

Please contact the trade police in the canton where you wish to start your business.

Further information is available on the website of the Swiss employers' association for the hospitality industry: