All those involved in research in Switzerland, from large businesses to SMEs and universities, have an interest in networking with suitable partners in other European countries and carrying out joint research with them. Through its membership in transnational and pan-European cooperation programmes, the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation creates the ideal conditions for this and performs state tasks and performs state tasks and performs state tasks.
State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation
- Assistance with European Joint Technology Initiatives (JTI) Innovative Medicines Initiative 2 (IMI2), Fuel Cells and Hydrogen 2 (FCH2), Clean Sky 2, Bio-Based Industries (BBI), Shift2Rail und SESAR.
- Assistance with intergovernmental Public Public Partnerships (P2P) in European and Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership 2 (EDCTP 2) and the European Metrology Research Programme (EMPIR). The Federal Institute of Metrology (METAS) is responsible for operational implementation of EMPIR in Switzerland.
- Assistance with European networks ERA-NETs.
Innosuisse – Swiss Innovation Agency
- Assistance with European partnership initiatives Eurostars-2 (P2P), Active and Assisted Living AAL (P2P) and Electronic Components and Systems for European Leadership ECSEL (JTI).
- Assistance with intergovernmental research and development initiatives EUREKA.
- Assistance with European networks ERA-NETs with Innosuisse participation.
Swiss National Science Foundation
- Operational implementation of European Cooperation in Science and Technology (COST).
The impact of funding activities can be improved by networking national funding activities in research and innovation at international level and by opening up and coordinating national programmes. At the same time, it enables national actors to work more effectively together, thereby approaching research questions that cannot be dealt with on their own.