Swiss transitional measures for Horizon Europe are also foreseen in the domain of space activities. SERI implements the transitional measures 2021, which will take effect in 2022, via the PRODEX programme of the European Space Agency ESA, among others.
In 2022, additional PRODEX projects can be funded, taking into account the following criteria:
- the project demonstrates high scientific potential;
- the project has either successfully passed an independent scientific review, or such a review will happen in a timely manner;
- the project is unique in its area;
- the project has a high level of international involvement and enables Swiss project partners to play a coordinating role;
- the project is comparable in size to projects led in the frame of Horizon Europe.
Specifically for projects under the transitional measures, international project partners can exceptionally be supported with up to 10% of the project costs or up to a maximum of 200,000 euros.
- a justification of why the relevant international competences are indispensable for the project;
- a declaration that these competences are either not available in Switzerland or not available under adequate conditions.
The selection process corresponds to the regular PRODEX process. Details, proposal templates and submission deadlines are available here.
Applicants must indicate in their project proposals that they are applying for project funding via the transitional measures 2021.
Please contact the Swiss Space Office of the SERI in case you have any questions (contact on the right).
General information from the SERI regarding Horizon Europe can be found here.